Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Newest Projects

Well, here we are almost into 2011. I hope all of you are ready for a wonderful new year full of love and creativity. I've been working hard on oil paintings and some very exciting new crafts. The origami ornaments are covered with upholstry and other types of fabric and embellished with chiffon fabric, ribbon and beads.

Fabric Jewelry - This new flower jewelry, from the olden days, is all the rage so with some experimentation I came up with these designs. The first piece, a bib necklace, is made of fleece. The other pieces are made from satin, chiffon, knit and various other materials, especially the mixed media piece. It is made or upholstry fabric and other objects as sea shells, buttons, beads, etc, and even a Chicago Transit Authority bus token. I must say that making the flowers and necklaces are my newest obsession. I use the flowers to make earrings, bracelets, headbands, anklets, shoe clips, rings, hairclips and to decorate hats.

Metal Jewelry and Switch Plate - After I came up with the copper jewelry designs I decided to use the same technique on switch plate covers. Etched and embossed copper and/or brass are the main materials used in both.












No comments: